SeeYou is a development organisation whose vision is of an inclusive society where no one is left behind and all persons participate equally in the cultural, social, political and economic environment. SeeYou is active in Africa and Asia, and collaborates with disabled people’s organisations, local and international NGOs to empower people with disabilities in some of the poorest regions of the world.
SeeYou is partner in the We are Able! consortium together with ZOA (lead), Leprosy Mission, VNGI, African Disability Forum and The Hague Academy. We are Able! focuses on empowerment, amplifying voices and creating resilience among people with disabilities and other excluded groups, particularly those faced with food insecurity in areas of protracted crises. SeeYou is responsible for the management of the disability-inclusion part of the We are Able! programme in Sudan, South-Sudan and Uganda.
SeeYou is looking for a
Programme Manager We are Able!
The WaA! Programme Manager will be employed by SeeYou and is line managed by the team leader Programmes of SeeYou.
The WaA! Programme Manager is responsible for the overall oversight of the SeeYou programme in Sudan, South-Sudan and Uganda.
- Advise the implementation of the activities in the countries.
- Facilitate alignment of the work in the different countries and between the different members.
- Facilitate exchange and learning between countries and partners/subcontractors.
- Ensuring reporting deadlines are kept by all SeeYou partners/subcontractors.
- Ensuring reporting towards the team leader Programmes and Consortium coordinator is being done on time and with sufficient quality.
- Regular check-ins with all country-level key stakeholders to discuss project objectives, outcomes and progress.
- Ensure communication with the lead organization per country and provide coaching and coordination of the lead organizations in each country.
- Link and partner with external SeeYou subcontractors and co-coordinate the activities of the SeeYou subcontractors.
- Broker effective relationships between the consortium members, country teams and local DPOs as appropriate.
- Supervise and contribute to the development and/or adjustment of the annual activity plans of SeeYou in South Sudan, Sudan and Uganda in cooperation with the country teams.
- Contribute to the program development at consortium level.
- Support partners in the documentation of case studies, best practices and lessons learned, and the planning and implementation of research.
- Monitor progress and development of the programme.
- Co-develop specific resources for partners as needed, including handouts, articles and training packages.
- Monitor financial management of the programme and liaise with the SeeYou financial manager.
- Coordinate and implement with DCDD (and other stakeholders) Lobby and Advocacy initiatives in The Netherlands.
- Gather and process information around disability inclusion and lobby and advocacy from the field as input for Linking, learning and lobby activities in the Netherlands.
Being a Christian adhering to the Christian identity of SeeYou
The candidate is expected to fully support the vision and mission of SeeYou
Knowledge, experience, competences
- University degree in the field of international development or similar
- At least 5 years of experience in the International Development Sector
- Expertise in disability inclusion
- Experience in the coordination of multi-countries/ multi-annual plans in complex consortia
- Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following fields: Food security, gender, lobby & advocacy, MEAL
- Strong spoken and written command of Dutch and English
- A strong vision and commitment towards localization
- Knowledge and experience in at least one of the focus countries of the consortium
- High level of networking capacities, with interpersonal, organizational and intercultural sensitivity
- Able to plan and coordinate and work in an organized manner
- Able to bridge differences and bring people together
SeeYou offers you a challenging job, a motivated team in the Netherlands, and good benefits and remuneration which suits the NGO sector (CAO Sociaal Werk, Welzijn en Maatschappelijke Dienstverlening).
Do you need more information?
For more information about SeeYou, please visit at our website www.seeyoufoundation.nl
If you have questions about this vacancy, you can contact Jasper Oei, team leader Programmes, email@example.com
Interested and you want to apply?
Please send a letter with your motivation to Dicky Nieuwenhuis (executive director SeeYou): firstname.lastname@example.org before the 9th of November 2020.